fredag 3. desember 2010

6535,4

Is the km I have biked so far, from San Francisco to Panama City.
The trip almost stopped at the airport in Panama. I went early to the airport to be one of the first in the line, because I had a bad feeling something would happen. And I got right. When I checked in, the lady behind the check-in desk told me that the flight company has a policy not to carry big things and packages from 1. December to 1. January. I didn´t know that and the date was 2. December. So she (she was the manager/boss) told me it was impossible to bring my bicycle with me. I tried to explain my bike trip and convince her to take my bike in a nice way. But she still said it was impossible. Then I started to beg and asked it was possible to broke the rules just one time and if she could call her boss, but she still said no. We discussed maybe in 15-20 minutes. Then I went out of the check-in and started to think what I should do now. There I talked to security guard of the air company and explain the situation. He understood me, so I asked him he could maybe convince the manager. But he said if the boss says no, it is impossible. So I was standing there and started to think I maybe just should stop my bike trip here in Panama. A new ticket would probably cost me 400-500 USD, plus 110-150 USD for the bicycle. To much money for me. But then I started to pray to God, after a while the manager came to me and said it was still impossible to bring my bike. When I was talking and tried to explain my situation, the security guard came to us and said something to her. I don`t know what he said, but after that she told me she would check out what she could do to bring the bike on board. But she could not promise me anything. So I was standing there and waited and waited and praying. After a while, she came back to me, and said they will take the bike on board. I was really happy then. Thanks God, He is good. Everything is possible with Him.
After some minutes, she told me that I couldn´t bring my luggage, I could only bring the bike, because the rules was just only one luggage per person . And I had 2 bike bags with me. Then I told her that I have to bring the bags with me, because I have so much equipment for the trip. She got almost angry at me, then she said that I could take a plastic around it and twist it together to a one item. But of course I have to find the plastic by myself and that very fast. Then I got even more stressed, I was looking for someone who could help me to find the plastic, but no one could help, it was middle of the night at 2 am. Then I started to find another way to fasten the two bags, I tried 2 different ways. She told me it was impossible to bring the bags like that. Then I asked her, it was possible to bring one of the bags. Surprisingly she said yes. So then, when I was very stressed, I have to find out what things I really needed and what I have to throw away. In one of the bags I had two extra tires that took much space, so I throw they away and some other small stuff. I actually got much more in my rucksack, but it was now heavy packed. Finally now was everything ok. But then, the one bike bag I should check-in, I have to bring with me on board she suddenly said. That was no problem, I was just glad that everything was now ok.
So then I went for the security check. I didn´t thought about that, but in my bike bag had 1 big knife, 1 leatherman, some tools for the bike, a bag full of strips, big bottle of anti mosquito, big bottle of aloe vera for after mosquito bite, pepperspray for protection, and in my rucksack I had my tent and my tent is made of the same material as parachutes.
So the security guards looked really strange at me when they was checking my belongings. They thought maybe I would hijacking the flight and fasten the passangers with the strips and then maybe jump out of the plain with my parachutes. But I explained them my bike trip, but they took all of my things except from the tent. But the things they took, I can buy new in Colombia, it´s no problem I think.
So what did I learn from this?
I got confirmed that God can do everything, and I will never fly with Spirit Airlines again.
But now I am in Colombia, in a city called Cartagena.
Tomorrow I will start the journey in South America.
Stay blessed!

1 kommentar:

  1. Bra jobbet Kim!

    Kult at du bad til Gud og ble bønnhørt!

    Magnar

    SvarSlett