onsdag 22. desember 2010

Bergans of Norway

Ecuador is amazing, the little I have seen so far. Ecuador has the biggest biodiversity per area in the world. Ecuador has 4 diverse and unique regions: the Amazon rain forest, the highland Andes, the coast and the Galapogos Archipelago. So far I have been in the highlands and I will bike to the coast. I also want to go to Galapogos islands, but I don´t have money or time for that.

Right now I am in Quito, a very nice and special city. The elevation of the city is 2800 meter, making the city second highest capitol in the world after La Paz in Bolivia.

I was just passing this bicycle clothes shop and stopped to buy a bike rain-jacket. After discussing the price I surprisingly saw this lady had a Bergans of Norway jacket. I asked her where she has bought that, because is not normal to get this brand outside Europe. Then she said she was a Norwegian and had bought it in Norway. Then I really got surprised. And of course I also said I was from Norway and wear a Bergans of Norway jacket that day too. After that we had a good and long chat. To make the story short, she is from Ecuador but married to a Norwegian man. She is a artist, a painter, but also have this bicycle clothes shop. Good and cheap clothes for biking and training. She invited me to her home in Quito, so I will stay there some days from today. Then she will leave to Norway and to her husband on 23th of December. Then I will continue to hang and celebrate the christmas with her Norwegian son (will soon move back to Norway, and also have Ecuador passport) and with his father and his family here in Quito. Really looking forward to that. Much better than to be alone in a cheap ugly hotel room. I will blog some pictures of Quito and Ecuador later, when I get a faster internet.Until then, stay blessed and feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo!!!!!!!!!!

4 kommentarer:

  1. God jul og godt nyttår til også Kim!
    Moro at du får noen å feire jul samme med! :)

    SvarSlett
  2. God jul og godt nyttår, kjære sønn!
    Hils vertskapet! Hilsen din kjære Mor.

    Au med hilsen fra minstemann som ska hjelpe te heime i jula!

    SvarSlett
  3. Sung Tan Chuk Ha which means happy X-Mas dear Kim.
    Best regards, Stefan & Juerre

    SvarSlett
  4. God jul og godt nyttår kjære broder!
    We miss you in Hong Kong!
    Familien Gillebo hilser masse.
    Guds velsignelse fra Magnus og Janne

    SvarSlett